- All claims are subject to Recor Australia’s standard testing processes by its authorized representatives and/or testing centres.
- Should a battery be deemed defective due to a manufacturing fault and is within its applicable warranty period; it will be replaced with an equivalent battery free of charge.
- Proof of purchase is required with all transportation costs to and from Recor Australia’s testing centres to be covered by the consumer.
- The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of a repair or replacement. Warranty is not transferable and is only offered to the original end user of the product.
- Contact the supplier or manufacturer immediately if any faults occur.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Flat batteries
- Normal wear and tear
- Physical damage
- Incorrect application or improper use
- Faulty connection, faulty wiring or improper mounting
- Tampering, altering, repairing or modifying batteries and labels
- Negligence (before or during use)
- Adding any liquid other than distilled water
- Failure to maintain acid levels
- Broken or removed vent plugs
- Warranty does not cover discharged batteries or diminishing capacity due to battery age and depth of discharge.
RECOR REFUND POLICY
Fees are non-refundable. We may consider a partial refund in exceptional circumstances.
Applications for a refund must be in writing and must clearly outline the reasons.
Any refund will be at the discretion of management and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.